Baskets in Bloom

Long last. I finally finished this quilt top. I am a big fan of needle-turn applique. However, in this quilt, I decided to give sew illustration a try. I was really inspired by the book from Minki Kim and Kristin Fraser, Sew Illustrated. I fused each piece. Then I machine sewed using the sew illustrated method.

Now to get it quilted. I am so behind in quilting. I really need to get going.

Below are closeup of a few blocks.

As you can see, I outlined each piece with black thread. I used an Aurifil 50wt. thread for the pieces. However, the border pieces were done in 40wt. thread. I am really happy how it turned out.

Friends Across the World

I have been collecting blocks from quilters, sewers around the world since 2009. I quit counting after 200.

Last month (November), I decided to put them together but didn’t know how to put them all together. An idea came up with I saw “Cathedral Window” quilt.

I gathered all the blocks and cut them down to 5″ squares.

I decided to use black for the background. So I have used 15 yards. Since the center block is a 5″ square, I needed to cut the background fabric, 16″. This is what I have done so far.

I will post again on the progress of this gigantic quilt.